Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Fun With Old Cardboard

Today I'm playing along with City Crafter Challenge Blog.  I've been following for a while, but this is my first time joining in :-)  The challenge is to use paint and recycled cardboard.


I have a stash of cardboard that I've saved from different packaging and boxes and whatnot, but today I had a cardboard mailing envelope sitting at the top of my wastebasket, so I decided to go with that! Haha.  I cut the star and anchor with my Cricut, then used white acrylic paint to create the distressed look.  My favorite part about this card is that rope-looking trim in the background.  I cut super thin strips from the cardboard, then carefully twisted them as tight as I could without breaking it.  Since one side of the envelope was coated white, it looked pretty cool.  I did that with several trips, then glued them side by side.  Kinda nifty, huh?  I also used a piece on the rope for the anchor.  I thought about putting a sentiment on there, but I just think it makes a great summery generic card for anytime.

Thanks for stopping by!!  Have a great day :-)

7 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is fabulous, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Ros said...

I'm blown away by this ... I love what you've created ... especially the 'rope' ... I would never have guessed this was made from the cardboard! Thank you so much for joining in with us at CCCB ... hope you'll play along again

Deb Hickman said...

What a fabulous first card to enter. I love the nautical theme, good luck.xxx

Sharon xx said...

Wow, simple and yet really effective, love it
Sharon xx

Annette_Marlow said...

I love it!! It is non-gender so you can REALLY give it to anyone! You did a fantastic job with the fine, thin strips of cardboard to look like twin.. GENIUS!! I can't wait to see what else you have to show... new follower ;0)

Unknown said...

This is so cute.. Very creative. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

cnelson said...

This is so lovely! love that anchor!
Thanks for joining us at CCCB!