Pages

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Hippity Hoppity, Easter's on it's way...

...and I am SO not ready. Holidays always sneak up on me. No matter how many extra choir rehearsals we have, it still doesn't click until a couple of days before. Haha.

I haven't had a chance to sit down and make anything new since last time I posted, but since I had to take my parents and sister to the airport at 0-dark-thirty this morning, I had a couple hours to myself before all the events of today get into full swing. Now how's that for a run-on sentence?

So, today's project (or projectS... i made two...) is for 365 Cards' Day 24 and OCC Challenge.

I was trying to stay away from the usual pastels and bunny rabbits look... I was going for something that resembled a Ukrainian pysanky egg. I think it worked out with all the different Amy Butler papers :-)

Okay, now, I get kind of excited when I figure out stuff like this, so "bear" with me... lol... you'll get it in a second...

I was looking through my craft punches yesterday, just to remind myself what I had, and one of them was turned so that the shape was upside down. All of a sudden, this light bulb appeared over my head and I heard an ethereal "aaahhhhhhhh..."

So basically, this is either a super cute puppy dog...

OR an upside down teddy bear, with a banana in his ear...

Thanks for looking!!

11 comments:

Pam said...

Those eggs. Are. FABULOUS!!!!!!! A beautiful blend of papers.

Silke Ledlow said...

Oh my - what a fabulous inspired Easter card!!! Love the clean simple lines - right up my alley - he,he,he!!!

Thank you for playing along!!! Hugs ~S~

~amy~ said...

WOW....love your papers on your egg cards...gorgeous!!!

Karen Lee said...

Your Easter egg cards are FABULOUS!!! I must try to make one myself! Also love the puppy-bear card!!

Jana said...

This card is so classy. Love the cute puppy dog/teddy bear with the banana in his ear. Too funny.

Jenny Gropp said...

Those eggs are CLASSY! Love 'em!

LorettaL said...

Wowza! Awesome egg cards. Very international looking! Love it.

StampOwl said...

great idea ... love your egg cards.

Kristie Larsen said...

Oh MY! These egg cards are to die for! I love the colors you chose, and they are so elegant and wonderful. I would love my easter to be like this card. AND that bear with a banana in his ear is absolutely hilarious. I think you should go with the dog though... great job using your resources!!

Nancy Sanders said...

Your egg cards are stunning! thanks for the inspiration.

Ann said...

WOW!!! I love those egg cards, and your puppy card is TOO cute!