Pages

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Handmade goodness :-)

Oh no!! It's been five days since I've posted anything! Geez, this week has just flown right by. Anyway, let me tell you what I've been up to... I am SO excited because I have finally realized one of my life-long dreams (well, sometimes a week feels like a lifetime. lol) to make my own paper!

It turned out so good!! Most of the time I cut the base for my cards from a 12x12 piece of paper. Depending on the size of the card, I usually end up with stacks and stacks of leftover pieces-- all uniformly cut to the exact same, generally unuasable size. Haha. Despite my efforts to use the leftovers as elements on my creations, the pile just keeps growing. I googled for "how-to" instructions several times, but finally found what I needed on dear ol' Etsy. Lots of pictures always help! Of
course, I rarely follow "recipes" exactly... but here's how it turned out:

It seemed, from the different tutorials, that the main concern with handmade paper is that ink will bleed through. But I stamped this card and I think it turned out alright. I don't love it, but the ink didn't bleed :-)


Lastly, here's a card that I made entirely out of my own paper \m/(>_<)\m/ <--- Rock on!

It's waaaay prettier in person than it is in the photo. You'll just have to take my word for it. Thanks for looking! Check back later today-- I'll be posting a project for 365 Cards' latest challenge.

No comments: