Pages

Friday, February 20, 2009

For My Momma



This year I'm finding the needle of my bank-o-meter to be hovering a little closer to "E" than I'd like. I very much enjoy giving gifts, but lately it's getting a little harder to be able to go out and buy that shiny, diamond crested whatchamacallit you wanted :-) Thankfully, I find that most of my friends and family appreciate the thoughtfulness and personality of a handmade gift.

Today is my mom's birthday... I think she's turning 25 (haha). I made her a set of floral cards out of some of the coolest scrap paper I've seen. The base of the cards is a light pink and white. The dark patterned paper is from an old (well, actually I don't know how old it is) Nieman Marcus catalog! I love the texture and the pattern.

The set has six cards, four designs, in three sizes. The first design is a small notecard size with a single flower. I used 2 small circles, a star, and a swirl punch. You can kind of get an idea from the picture on the left.

Square cards are fun to make. I don't know why, they just are. I made two of them, each has a different design. For the first, I used the small retro flower punch. The second has a little more of a "chunky" look to it with the thicker stems and the large retro flower.


Lastly, a set of two 4.5" x 6" greeting cards. For the flowers on this one, I used a circle punched out of the top of a heart with a swirl punch peeking out from behind. Double-punched circles make the moon-shaped leaves.


I hope you like pictures, cuz I've got one more...

To finish it off, I made a paper band with a "Happy Birthday" message and a little flower. I like it :-)

No comments: