Pages

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Workin' On My Scavenging Skills!

Okay, so... Today the challenge at 365 Cards was to use a toile pattern on our project. Of all the things in scrap-land, this is one thing I just don't have! I thought about printing a pattern off the internet, but our printer doesn't always cooperate. I poked around in my fabric stash, but I pretty much knew there wasn't anything like that in there. I did find a dress of my sister's that would've worked perfectly, but I have a feeling that she wouldn't have been happy to find a chunk of it missing next time she put it on. :-)

Next, I went through two boxes of wrapping paper and a box of gift bags ('cause that worked yesterday. lol) hoping that maybe, just maybe there was something in there. No such luck. So finally I found what looked like a stash of old "emergency" cards for several miscellaneous occasions. ONE card had this pretty floral toile pattern, so I said to myself, "I can work with that!" I felt a little bad about cutting up a perfectly good card, but it was reeeeally boring and we never would've used it anyway. lol.

So anywho, here's what I came up with:

4 comments:

Vicky said...

oh wow! this is awesome! i love how you tied the ribbon - such a soothing and elegant card!

Rose said...

this is beautiful! so glad your sisters dress is safe LOL

Carolyn V said...

Wow! So elegant... and certainly not boring! That other card's sacrifice was worth it! :D

Patti J. said...

Wow Hannah! Your 'innovative recycling' really paid off! Your card is beautiful!!! (And I'll bet your sis is SO happy you found the old card!) Perfect!!!