Pages

Monday, February 22, 2010

I Have A Purple Foot

Greetings fair people of Card Land! It's been far too long since I've done one of the challenges at 365 Cards. I really missed it! They're about to wrap up the year and I wanted to be a part of this last week. These next two cards are for Day 358 and Day 359, respectively.

It took me a while to figure out how I was going to complete the sketch challenge. It wasn't that complicated, but the flow of inspiration was moving like sap through a tree in the wintertime. The paper clips were a bit out-of-the-box for me... And that's a good thing. lol. The papers are from the "Mi Casa" stack again. (If you didn't see my super cute baby cards from yesterday, you should check them out here.)


Next is the card from the scraplift challenge. This one was SOOOOO NOT easy!! But then, if they were easy, the be called "easy card ideas" not "challenges." Gloria's cards are always lovely, but I am just not good at that vintage look! I have to admit, I almost skipped this one... but I'm glad I didn't. This isn't my favorite card, but it's pretty and I like it. I tried to copy the layout of Gloria's original card.


OH! About the post title... I couldn't think of anything clever, so I went for plain ol' facts. My foot is all purple-y in places. I sat on my sister's collapsible piano bench and, well, it did just that. Collapse. On my foot. *sigh* Almost my entire body weight (which is more than... oh... let's say... enough to hurt. Reeeeeally bad) was pinning my ankle and foot between the seat and the frame. But it's okay now. It doesn't hurt, it just looks kinda gross. Which is why I won't be posting photos :-) Thanks for looking at my cards though! Hehe.

5 comments:

TesaB said...

Ouch! Good to know it doesn't hurt any more. Love your cards, so neat with two different styles like that, one cheerful with amazing happy colors and the other with that beautiful brownish vintage look. Both very beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Hannah, what a fun post, so comical I loved it, but I am glad your foot doesn't hurt (that part wasn't funny)Great job on both cards, just wonderful and I love the little butterflys on your vintage one.

~amy~ said...

Oh you poor dear...good grief...glad you are feeling better...good seeing you back at 365 Cards!

Gloria Stengel said...

You did a great job on both cards! I am so happy you did not skip my vintage challenge. Lots of people say they are not good at vintage...but the secret is to just toss junk onto the card until it seems like you have enough on there, then glue it down! LOL If you have a great focal point, like a stamp or some ephemera, or clip art, then you have a great card...just like yours!

Pam said...

Well, Hannah, you met both challenges head on - gorgeous work! I love the addition of paperclips on the Sunday sketch card :)