Pages

Saturday, February 27, 2010

I Like Saturdays :-)

Hooray for the weekend :-) Today has been exactly what a Saturday should be. Didn't have to be anywhere or do anything in particular-- just hung out at my craft table.

This first card is for yesterday's challenge at 365 Cards. We're scraplifting Sophie's style which Pam described as "clean and simple." I can do that! Haha. For my take on Sophie's card, I used her layout. I LOVE kraft paper! I almost never use it because I never have any around, but I made an impromptu trip to Archiver's last night and finally remembered to pick some up! Anyway, here's my card:


This next one is for Day 364, and we're scraplifting Vicky's style! "Soft colors and clean lines" were the themes for this challenge. I loved how Vicky created her own background for her card with stamps and ribbon. I paper pieced the background papers for my card. I also popped the flower up for some dimension.


Now I'm off to do the only thing on my schedule for today-- Babysit Hang out with my cousins :-)

**Almost forgot! A few of you asked about the dress card from Thursday's post-- The skirt is just pleated paper. I folded the paper and then trimmed it, but I was playing around with it again this afternoon and it's easier if you start with a half-circle piece of paper. A lot less paper gets wasted! I cut the bodice freehand, then finished it off with a piece of ribbon around the waist.**

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful job on both cards, great job!!!
Enjoy the rest of your day, it sounds like a good one.

Tammy said...

I love kraft paper too!! Love the black on kraft in your first card!! Great job on both cards!

TesaB said...

Beautiful! Kraft paper is awesome, and love how you've used it here. Both cards are wonderful, love the first one, it's so simple, jet soooo beautiful and balanced!

Noor Nahdi said...

Great cards...

Anonymous said...

beautiful.. i love the way you play the card patterns together. just lovely

Sophie said...

Wow, both are gorgeous cards but I prefer the first one .... Thanks for playing !

Vicky said...

Gorgeous cards!! I love kraft too...so I'm loving these cards!