Pages

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

What a great weekend :-)

This weekend is definitely on the top 10 list of fabulous weekends.  Except for an unexpected misadventure on the way, the wedding I photographed on Saturday went pretty well.  It was simple, fast, and I had my sis with me as a my back-up, so I feel like we did a pretty good job.  Sunday was a full day as always, but not stressful.  Family from Georgia was in town for the wedding I mentioned, so we spent part of the evening visiting with them.  My 14-year-old cousin and I started talking about dancing at weddings and parties, and we decided that we should have our own dance party at my Grandma's house on Memorial Day.

So we did.

OH. My. Goodness.  We had so much fun.  Now, most of you won't realize why this was so ridiculous.  My family are not dancers.  Not really, anyway.  We apparently can, but we don't. I've always watched and figured I could do it, but until recently, never bothered to try.  So, my cousin, sister and I spent a while making sure we knew all the steps for the Electric Slide, Cha Cha Slide and the Cupid Shuffle. Once we had them down, we talked the aunts and even my grandma into doing it with us. Lol.  It was so funny.

Another great thing is that I've had some time to spend making some cards last night and this morning.  I've really missed playing along with one of my favorite challenges, but school is finally out and some of my other projects are out of the way.  Here are my cards for this week's challenges at 365 Cards:

This weekend also kicks off my summer project, which is to get some cards sent to OWH. Just a really simple note card, for starters. ;-)



This one makes me laugh at myself. :-P  I was having a really hard time figuring out how to incorporate tissue paper into my card design.  I thought about flowers and I found some tutorials with some really pretty ideas, but I'm trying to keep them somewhat flat for OWH shipping purposes.  I thought about using some kind of decoupage-type technique, but it just wasn't working like I wanted it to. It wasn't until I had just about had it, and I went to wad up a piece of tissue paper to throw it away that I kind of simultaneously crinkled it and twisted it and it look kinda cool!

There are some small rhinestones around the waist of the dress for some extra sparkle.  The camera didn't quite catch them.

Okay, this one made me laugh too.  I've mentioned before that my mother is a clown. She's been doing it for a while now and just "graduated" in May as a full-fledged "Joey."  Yeah, it's waaaaay more complicated than you'd think. Lol. 
It just so happens that she and some of her "clown friends" are hosting an appreciation dinner for the "mentor clowns," and they asked me to make some invitations.  So that's what I worked on for today's challenge...

The clown's nose is a dot from some red, felt alpha-stickers that I had purchased for another project that ended up being too big.

Thanks for stopping by today and reading what has turned out to be a rather wordy post!  I love reading your comments!!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Great cards, love them all, especially the dress one, it's very pretty with the tissue paper xx

Carolyn V said...

Wow Hannah... great cards, but I'm with Dora, that dress card is very special. Don't ya just love those 'happy accidents' :)

Irena said...

These cards are wonderful, I like with dress, it is very beautiful :)

Rose said...

sounds like you all had a blast!! fantastic cards and i LOVE the tissue paper one :)

~amy~ said...

wow...you rocked the challenges...your dance party sounds like soo much fun!!!!

Anonymous said...

wonderful cards... I love them all... each in its own way :D. Love the dress and the party!!! Happy Weekend!

Gloria Stengel said...

Great job, but love the tissue paper one best! I love reading you blog, it's like having a chat with a girlfriend!

Pam said...

Great post, Hannah - lots of interesting tidbits about you and your family that are worth the read :) Also, I can always count on you to inspire with your work. Your tissue paper card has to be my fave of this set, it is so beautifully done!!