Pages

Thursday, March 25, 2010

I Never Know What to Title These Things...

Hello blogging world. It's after 2 a.m. (Just kidding Mom! I went to bed at an earlier time that is conducive to a good night's sleep :-) and I've just wrapped up a couple of projects. The first one I'm gonna show ya is for the Day 24, Terrific Ten challenge at 365 Cards. At first I thought this was only going to end in tears and gaudiness, but actually it was just fine.

Ta-da! Exactly ten.

This next card is one of the invitation/announcement I've put together for my cousin's first communion. It took me forever to decide what I wanted to do, but once I did, it was pretty simple to put together.

I created the grape and wheat image in Illustrator. The hardest part was cutting out all those cups. Sheesh.

Well, it's too late to start working on another card, but there's a DIY challenge for Day 25 at 365. We're supposed to create our own glittered brads or pearls. I figured I'd get a head start so I can work on the actually card tomorrow (err... later today, i guess). I did a few gold and a few silver since I haven't really thought about what I'm actually gonna use on my project. After I covered the brads with glitter (which makes a MESS, by the way) I also covered them with Diamond Glaze. I'm hoping that will smooth them out and keep the glitter from rubbing off later.


Thanks for stopping by! And don't forget to help yourself to my free digi stamp! The link is on the right hand side of the page.

7 comments:

Creative said...

The Card with the flowers is wonderful! Wonderful card! Very beautiful and delicate composition! Greetings!
I like everything yours works!

Christina said...

My daughter is making her first communion in May and I was trying to figure out what kind of invitation to make...the ones you have created are beautiful. As always, TFS! Have a great mornings sleep ;)

MommyV said...

Try Stickles on your brads instead of plain glitter! Takes ALL the mess out of it! :-)

Beautiful cards!

Tammy said...

Hannah--you did a great job with the 10 Patterned paper challenge!! That one scared me too! Been too busy to play lately, but I squeeze in some time to see what some of you come up with! Love your glittered brads too!

Deb Neerman said...

Your cards are just fabulous!!

LOVE that 10-patterned paper one ... I saw the challenge and ran for cover, lolol! Great take on a difficult challenge!!

Rose said...

well i only count 9 so you need to re make that card! LOL ;) you so rocked that challenging challenge girl!!! :)

Kim Mc said...

Fabulous creations, Hannah! Love your take on the Terrific Ten challenge...you totally rocked it! Thanks for playing with us at 365 Cards and hope to see you in the future!

Aloha, Kim
365 Cards Design Team member
Check out the DAILY challenges!