Pages

Monday, March 22, 2010

Irony or Paradox?


Today's challenge for Day 22 at 365 Cards is to create a card inspired by the movie Alice in Wonderland. I was amused to find that many of you share the same sentiments toward that movie that I do. I haven't seen the new version yet (not really sure if I want to-- it looks kinda creepy) and it's been YEARS since I've seen the Disney version. I always thought it was a little weird and more than a bit confusing. But I do like some of Tim Burton's movies, so maybe I'd appreciate this new one a little more.

Anywho... I ended up using the Queen of Hearts (from the Disney movie) as the inspiration for my card. I really like the bold pattern and colors of her costume, so that's what I went for:


Now, the real challenge here ended up being the sentiment. I mean, "OFF WITH YOUR HEAD!!" seemed a little inappropriate. And while I can think of a couple people I could send it to, I wouldn't. Haha. So I decided to go with "I love you" and just revel in the irony... or is it paradox? Either way, I love that it doesn't make sense... cuz neither does that movie! :-)

8 comments:

Ivanka said...

Yup, I never understood the story. More frustrating than anything. I love your take on the challenge. Great irony in the sentiment (or is it a paradox???) Love your card.

♥Jan♥ said...

Hannah - this is so YOU. I love your style ! And this card is perfect.

Creative said...

perfect card! I like it!!

Melanie said...

Love this card!

Christina said...

You never disappoint us with your creativity...such a great card...I think I will take my insoiration from you and find a scene from the movie that inspires me (the Disney version of course) and see where it takes me...I am also not a fan of Alice in Wonderland, although I really want to be...it creeps me out too...such a weird book/movie.

Gloria Stengel said...

Love your comments! I agree 100%. hee hee I like your card and how creatively you thought about the challenge! Out of the box. Love it! Thanks for playing at 365 Cards.

Rose said...

LOL i am so glad you didn't use the "off with your head" as that would be enough to make me wet my pants with laughter!!! TMI?? :) fantastic card

Jean said...

Love your comments. Haven't seen the movie - did read the book like a million years ago when I was a kid and in spite of being an avid reader even back then, never did think much of the story. You've made a fun card in spite of your reservations. I love the color combo!